I believe President Duterte should have his own social media account owned and managed by no other than himself. Not his assistant, not his aide, not his subordinates but himself.
I’ll be stating five reasons why:
1. Direct contact. Having a personal public social media account that he controls on his own can serve as every Filipino’s direct contact to him. It makes him accessible to the people without risking his physical self.
Despite that there could be chances that he will miss to see messages, there are still chances na mababasa niya yung mga may gusto sabihin and iba parin yung siya mismo ang nascoscroll at nagbabasa than having his aide scroll and read then have his aide filter things out and have the messages his aide liked or chose to be relayed to him.
2. Awareness. Having his own social media account can raise the president’s awareness to what is really the situation in the social media. It is also one method for him to keep an eye to his subordinates and regulate them. With this, he can really see and monitor with his own eyes kung sino ba talaga ang mga naninira, nagpapagamit, namumulitika at nagkakalat ng fake news. It’s about time!
3. Clarification. The president can clarify vague issues, correct misleading headlines, call out misinformation if he has his own social media account because the people and his audience are more likely to believe an information that comes directly from him instead of the information written by the mass media and mainstream media.
How cool is it to have your questions be answered by the president himself? How nice would it be to confide your problems and be asked by the president himself about how he could help?
4. Accuracy and credibility. The accuracy and credibility of an info is higher if it comes directly from him, typed by himself or said by himself instead of having a certain organization, person or group to post or say it for him because I believe there are times that his people slightly twists his words and use it for their own benefit. I can’t be the only who notice how a lot of people suck up to him for their own political agendas and benefits. Sick!!
5. Central source. Having his own social media accounts can give the people a central source of legitimate news about him and his administration. If you are a supporter of the president, will you question the legitimacy of an information that comes directly from him? I don’t think so.
Compare that case to seeing updates and news about the president through some big pages who you clearly have no idea who controls or some pro-Duterte bloggers who can’t just settle with stating facts and keeps adding more infos to make things even more impressive than to what it really is.
‘Di ba mas okay if si Digong mismo yung source?
Wouldn’t it be better to get the answers to your questions directly from him instead of having your questions pass through so many people before it reaches him?
I don’t think it would be that hard? Trump is doing it with his separate account and the @POTUS, Obama did it too when he was still the president of USA, Widodo has a personal Twitter account as well so why can’t our own President Duterte? I believe he can and he should.