I have this huge obsession with milk tea. Milk tea makes my day, milk tea soothes me, milk tea gives me life, milk tea runs in my blood.
Ever since I had this calling for milk tea, I decided to try all milk tea houses I see and so far, I’ve gotta say that Affinitea is my favorite.
Affinitea has a lot of branches across Manila, you may check their branches online but the one closest to my place is their Legarda branch beside Mang Inasal and Chowking. I always drink here so halos lahat ng drinks nila na-try ko na lol! Here’s their menu:
Let’s now talk about the drinks. I’ll start with my top favorite drinks sold here:
1. Dino Milk Tea with Nature Salt & Cheese (P135) – has a premium milk tea base topped with milo powder and nature salt & cheese toppings. It’s a perfect blend of sweetness and saltiness. I usually take off its cap so I can eat the milo powder and chunks of NSC. The milo x NSC just brings a twist to the milk tea base that’s why I really like this one. I never tried any other tea house with such blend.
2. Oreo Milk Tea with Cream Puff (P125) – has a premium milk tea base then crumbs of Oreo as toppings na usually nagsisink down sa baba. It doesn’t have pearls but it has this cream puff that’s like all purpose cream with a thicker texture and tastes creamy. Its creaminess balances the smoothness of the milk tea base. I usually take the cup’s cap off to eat the chunks of the cream puff. I can say that this blend of Affinitea is also unique, there are a lot of Oreo milk teas out there but the cream puff in this drink just gives it a twist. This is Affinitea’s top one best seller tho!
3. Wintermelon Milk Tea with Pearl(P105) – just like your common legit wintermelon milk tea topped with the chewy sweet tapioca pearls. If you’re craving for wintermelon milk tea, this one’s for you.
4. Premium Milk Tea (P115) – this one is like wintermelon milk tea except that it’s leafy flavor is a little less than the Wintermelon milk tea. It’s like a milk tea with a higher content of milk. It also has these chewy and sweetened tapioca pearls that you can chew while you drink. If you’re a milk tea lover who loves legit milk teas, you’ll probably love this.
5. Milk Tea with Pearl (P105) – the most basic milk tea in this beverage house. It’s basically just like the premium milk tea, I honestly don’t taste much difference between the two so if you’re short by P10, you can get this one instead of the Premium Milk tea. It still goes with the tapioca pearls anyway!
Those mentioned above are my favorite drinks from this tea house. Y’all should give it a try!
Affinitea in Legarda has french fries (available in salted, sour cream and cheese flavor), nachos and burgers that you can munch while you drink your favorite beverage. Just recently, they started tk offer rice meals available for P99 though I can’t really recommend it because it’s not as good as their drinks. Last time I ordered corned beef with egg, I was disappointed because the egg felt so raw like it was cooked for 10 seconds and then got served, lol!
Moving on to the place, I haven’t tried visiting other branches of Affinitea so I’ll just describe their branch in Legarda.
The place is kinda small, it can only accommodate around 22 people in maximum. The staffs are very fast movers, you don’t have to wait for so long for your orders but what I don’t like is that they don’t smile a lot to the customers.
Affinitea has been my favorite milk tea source ever since and up until today pero ito rin yung isa sa pinaka-pricey na milk tea source because usually, the common budget for a cup of milk tea is around P90-105 pero dito it ranges P105-135.
Price: 3/5 (Priciest milk tea I’ve had so far)
Will go back again? Yes
Will recommend? Yes