It’s been a while since I started to staunchly support this lady named, Maria Leonor “Leni” Robredo so I believe I have the right to write to fathom into the criticism thrown at her as a person and as a public figure. Ready? Ready.
WALANG GINAGAWA. A lot of critics drag VP Leni Robredo because she’s doing nothing as the vice president. I say, she is doing a lot of things — things that are actually beyond her mandate and people should pay attention and appreciate that.
Vice president’s main role is basically to be ready to replace the president in case anything happens to the seated president. Next thing is for her to act as a ceremonial person of the president on national events. The president is fine so it’s reasonable for Leni to not do her first role yet and about being the ceremonial person, I believe she is doing that role well.
What else does Leni Robredo do?
1. She has a program under her office called Angat Buhay that acts as an agent in order to encourage private sectors to reach out to the people at the margins of the society (mga tao sa laylayan) and those in need in order to provide free services and assistance such as health care, legal assistance, free medicines, PhilHealth/SSS application and more. (If you need more info about this, feel free to contact me because I’m a part of this program. I’d be glad to answer your queries.)
2. She graces and attends national events and ceremonies like Independence day, Rizal Day, National Heroes Day, military graduation rites, etc. It’s part of her mandate. Ano ba yung mandate? (Yan yung trabaho niya. It’s like work description).
3. She supports the president’s plans and works and voices out her reservations and concerns. That should always be the case! Hindi pwedeng support ng support na lang lagi, that’s dumb. You should know when to support and when to oppose and not just because you opposed on a certain policy mean that you are destabilizing the president or the admin.
Wag tanga, wag retard.
4. She attends military briefings under DND secretary Delfin Lorenzana. This raises her office awareness about current issues that involves the soldiers, terrorists, military and armies in the country — with this, her office can help in proper dissemination of news and updates about our country’s state in such matter.
DND Lorenzana also said in an interview that it is President Duterte’s order to his office to give frequent briefings to VP Leni as she is the next in line if anything happens to him.
5. Under OVP’s Angat Buhay program is Angat Kabuhayan which promotes indigenous, native and local products (handmade local bags and apparel, furnitures from indigenous materials, food from our native plants, etc) to the market in order to help the local producers and makers to earn and to publicize ang sariling atin.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS. Most of her critics come from President Rodrigo Duterte’s side and I believe the reason behind this is that the people expects her accomplishments and works to be equal with Digong’s. That’s really a sick because:
1. Digong is the president, Leni is the vice president and those two roles have different mandate.
2. Digong has been serving for over twenty years, Leni just entered politics (Do your research, pal).
Cut the comparison mindset.
TAINTED WOMAN. They say she’s a mistress. They say she had an abortion in America. They say she loves to fuck around with her subordinates. They equated her “well-oiled machineries” description to fucking machines when in fact she was referring to her irrational critics and bashers when she said well-oiled machineries.
The problem here is that the critics should take VP Leni Robredo seriously. She is not just a female, she is not just a politician who you badly hate, she is the vice president of the Philippines.
“She [Leni Robredo] is very ladylike and kind.”
— President Duterte to VP Leni
It’s true. Leni Robredo is very ladylike, very reserved and well poised but of course, do we really expect her harsh critics to accept this fact about her? I might need to see Digong and have a video of him saying how respectable lady Leni Robredo is for these irrational critics to take this fact in.
Anyways, the point here is that take Leni Robredo seriously. Pay attention to the work she is doing and learn how to appreciate. Don’t let the people at the higher office from her political party define your view on her.
Leni Robredo is different, she has her own mind.
AMATEUR VICE PRESIDENT. Ilang taon palang na congresswoman tapos nag-vice president agad.
I agree with the “amateur” description because she just started her political career years ago and I must admit that I also see Leni Robredo as politically amateur.
Is that a bad thing?
Definitely not. Leni Robredo may have this weak tactics to promote what she do, she might not be so loud on social media, hindi man siya marunong masyado sa mga galawang ng politiko para mas makita ng tao yung mga nagagawa niya but that’s not a very bad thing.
You see, Leni Robredo is more of a public servant than a politician. There’s a difference between the two and I swear to God that we need more of a public servant than a politician. However, I believe she still has to learn the ways of being a politician because in order to create a strong impact, you should know how to become a public servant and a great politician at the same time.
With regards to the jumping from congresswoman to vice president, I believe it’s reasonable because she’s a public servant and being seated as the vice president gives her a wider scope and a bigger office to help the people. Despite this huge leap, the principles are still right, the intentions are still pure and no laws were violated. Case closed.